Many of our residents may have carbon monoxide detectors that were provided by the fire department (West Overland) through a federal grant. These detectors have reached their end of service life after 7 years. You may notice a chirp every 30 seconds and the word "End" appearing on the display. Replacing the battery will NOT reset the detector, it will continue to sound.
You may dispose of these detectors and West Overland recommends the purchase of a new detector. Unfortunately, West Overland does not have any replacement detectors at this time. We will be diligently working on a new grant for future purchases. New carbon monoxide detectors may be purchased at Menards, Brannekey's, Lowes, Home Depot or online.